Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Has anybody ever seen

  1. #1
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Where do you live? I know when going into Canada it was either the Peace Bridge (Buffalo) or the Rainbow Bridge (Niagara Falls) that the Duty Free shops had the Anne of GG dolls. They had Anne and Diana. BUT, I don't remember what they were made of.

    Laurie

  2. #2
    Inactive Member mayergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks, but I live currently in DC, and fully-time in Atlanta, so it'd be a heck of a trip. I thought I'd just ask here, I'm going to PEI next summer, but I'm getting impatient, lol.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member mltperdue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 19th, 2005
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Mayergirl,

    I have a beautiful Anne of Green Gables doll that has clothes to change outfits and a great trunk that everything fits into. It is by Madame Alexander, though, and is only a 14" doll. I want to say that the doll and trunk came out about 10-12 years ago maybe, so it's not available currently, but you could look for one on ebay.

    Other than that one, I've never seen a large (bigger than 8") Anne doll. You must tell us about your trip to PEI. I love all of Lucy Maud Montgomery's books, but especially the whole Anne series. In my opinion, she is one of the best fiction female characters ever written.

    Good luck finding something!
    Lisa [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I swear someone posted about some 18' (or around there) sized Anne dolls a few months ago. I might have dreamed that, though. I remember looking at pictures, and everything.

    You might want to change the name of the thread, incase the person who posted the pictures/website isn't looking at the thread.

    I'm doing a google search. Although I'm not an Anne fan, per se, I am a red head fan, I'd love to find one, too. There don't appear to be too many vinyl dolls, there's a lot of porcelain ones, though....

    I'll keep looking, hopefully someone can find one. If not, would you consider making your own, using an AG doll, and a new wig?

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have one that's about 18" or so, and maybe it was me who mentioned her. I haven't posted a picture, though. My Anne doesn't have an AG type body, but she is vinyl and soft. She doesn't pose by herself is what I mean. She's very pretty except for her piercing green eyes.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've been looking for an AG type Anne doll for YEARS and haven't found one yet. [img]frown.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member mayergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    An 18" vinyl Anne of Green Gables doll? That is the one non-AG I would definitely buy. If you have, could you send me the link? PM or just post it (unless there's only one left, then go ahead and buy her and sell her to me for a disgusting profit [img]wink.gif[/img] )

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •